Last modified: March 11, 2017
(B) This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website or through FORM;
- In email, text, or other electronic messages (including support or tickets) between you and this Website or FORM; or
(C) It does not apply to information:
- Collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or FORM.
(D) Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your remedy is to not access or use our Website or FORM. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website or FORM after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
II. Persons Under the Age of 18.
III. Information We Collect About You; How We Collect It.
(A) We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and FORM, including information:
- Provided by you; to register as a user with FORM, you will be asked to sign in either with your own created username or password, or using your Facebook login credentials (username and password). In doing so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with all privacy settings set by you on Facebook and its services), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other FORM users (“personal information”). Further, you may be asked to allow FORM to collect your location information from your device when you download or use our Services, the Website, or FORM, including identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, some financial information. If you chat with our user support team using any of our Services, you provide us the content of written chat transcripts. We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services and for marketing purposes. You may opt out of receiving marketing messages by using the opt-out mechanisms and links provided in each email;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; or
- about the equipment you use to access our Website or FORM, and usage details.
(B) We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- Automatically from your mobile device (including, without limitation, any mobile devices or tablets) when you use our Services, including your IP address, device ID and type, operating system, MAC address, browser type and language, the operating system, access times, geographic location while the application is actively running, and any referring website address; and
(C) The information we collect on or through our Website or FORM may include:
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; or
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
As you navigate through and interact with our Services through the Website or FORM, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to FORM and use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use for our Services.
(D) The information we collect automatically is statistical data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Website and FORM, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests;
- Speed up overall application infrastructure; or
- Recognize you when you return to the Website and FORM, or use our Services.
(E) The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
IV. How We Use Your Information.
(A) We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website, FORM and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your user account;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content;
- To communicate with you via email, telephone, postal mail, or mobile devices about products, venues, or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- To develop, display, and track content tailored to your interests on the Website or FORM;
- To provide or analyze Website or FORM analytics;
- To verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with any contests and sweepstakes;
- To notify you about changes to our Website, FORM, or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
(C) If you are a job applicant or service provider to the Company, and your personal information is submitted through the Website or FORM when applying for a position or job with the Company, the information will be used solely to consider and act upon your application materials. We may retain your personal information, but only to consider your application for current or future available positions or jobs. This information, which may include your name and contact information, prior education and experience, and other information you provide to us, may be shared with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain, and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
(D) If you contact our support team through the Website, Freshdesk, or FORM, we will receive your email address, and may track your IP address as well as the information you send to us to help resolve your query. We will keep records of our communications with you, including any complaints or reports that we receive from you about other users (and from other users about you). We will not provide you information about users who report you.
V. Disclosure of Your Information.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about FORM or Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
(B) We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, FORM users, or others.
VI. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
(B) Do Not Track Disclosure. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. However, because of the uncertainty of DNT in the internet industry, and the various factors and players conforming compliance, we may not recognize nor respond to DNT signals.
VII. Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
VIII. Deactivation; Termination of Your Account.
(C) After you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may still be viewable or accessed to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by other users or to the extent such information has been shared with search engines. We cannot control this, nor do we accept any liability for this. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your personal information, they may retain such information to the extent permitted subject to their respective terms of service or privacy policies. Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies owned by the Company for up to 30 days to enable restoration or reactivation subject to successful appeal to Company, but will not be available to other users in the meantime.
IX. Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website or FORM that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
X. Data Security.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have access to certain parts of FORM, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or FORM. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or FORM.
XI. Communicating with You.
We may provide you with emails, push notifications, alerts and other messages related to the Website or FORM, such as enhancements, offers, products, events and other promotions. After downloading FORM, you may be asked to accept or deny push notifications/alerts. If you deny, you will not receive any push notifications/alerts. If you accept, push notifications/alerts will be automatically sent to you. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications/alerts from FORM, you may opt out by changing your notification settings on your mobile device. With respect to other types of messaging or communications, such as emails, text messages, etc., you can unsubscribe or opt out by either following the specific instructions included in such communications, or by emailing us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XIII. Contact Information.